Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Form Security Features
Form Security Features [message #119025] Tue, 10 May 2005 06:10 Go to next message
weekend79

I want to give trail version of system to my client. I want to achieve 2 goals.

1. System opens for fix time. (Open 500 or 1000 times). Or for a date limit (till 05-Jun-2005 etc).
2. System can’t be miss used at other places like C++ persons lock system on a disk id.

Did Form6i provide these features? Or do some one have any technique to achieve these requirements.

Wishes
Jawad

Re: Form Security Features [message #119163 is a reply to message #119025] Tue, 10 May 2005 20:24 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
For a counter, add an encrypted entry to your control table that contains a count and increment it each time your system is started, or each time a new form is invoked. Then test the count in your 'splash' screen [the first one in your system that contains your system logo etc.].

For the date, just test the database date, not sysdate, in your 'splash' screen. [I assume that your are running the database on a 'real' machine and not on the same PC as the front-end.

I don't know how you could stop it from being run on another installation other than YOU placing the control record in the control table yourself, independently from the installation disk. OR Perhaps the first time it is started the system asks for a key which it writes to the control table and you use some simple algorithm to hash various database characteristics, for example, the v$version text fields. Display it when the application is started the first time. Get them to telephone the string to you, you create the hash key and give them the key. It would mean that they have to ring you each time they re-install the software. It would, however, issue a message at startup if they change their configuration.

David
Previous Topic: Update
Next Topic: cumulative Total of unknown number of columns........
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:37:31 CDT 2024