Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms Data Connection
icon8.gif  Forms Data Connection [message #118241] Tue, 03 May 2005 15:57 Go to next message
quixote
I am not experienced with Forms.
We have an application built with Forms 6i. When the application starts up the user was never prompted to enter a username and password. We have just changed the password and the user is now being prompted. I cannot find where the user name and password are being stored to automatically connect to the datasource. Any ideas? Should I just re-connect in design view and recompile?...not sure what to do. I looked in New-Form-Instance but can't find anything.

Thanks,
Re: Forms Data Connection [message #118258 is a reply to message #118241] Tue, 03 May 2005 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
What version of forms are you using? Are you running client/server or three tier through a browser to an application server?

David
Re: Forms Data Connection [message #118321 is a reply to message #118258] Wed, 04 May 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
quixote
Version is 6i. Everything (developement environment and executable) is running on the client except the database.
Re: Forms Data Connection [message #118324 is a reply to message #118241] Wed, 04 May 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fahedakhter

Hai.
I understand your problem.I think your application shortcut is place on desktop when you click on that shortcut the application run wihtout asking username and password.You just right click on that shortcut and then select properties and from TARGET textbox you saw username and password is present like scott/tiger rub that username.If you want to know the username then user this query.
1) CONNECT SYSTEM/MANAGER
2) SELECT USERNAME,PASSWORD FROM DBA_USERS;
Note:
Remember password is in hexadecimal format.Only system user and particular user change password by this command.
ALTER USER SCOTT IDENTIFIED BY newpassword;

Regard's
Re: Forms Data Connection [message #118348 is a reply to message #118324] Wed, 04 May 2005 10:16 Go to previous message
quixote
Yep...it was in the shortcut. You rule. Thank you very very much.
Previous Topic: how to bold some txt on my txtfile output.?
Next Topic: multi record block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:35:49 CDT 2024