Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Decimal separator problem
Decimal separator problem [message #114737] Tue, 05 April 2005 07:40 Go to next message
NecroAngelo
Hello, I'm using Forms 5.0 with oracle 8.0.4 database, in my regional settings the decimal separator is comma (,) and I have to press this character in the left keyboard everytime when I type a real number instead of the numeric keyboard and is a bit disgusting for the user :-/ in other programs I can type the decimal separator by pressing point in the numeric keyboard or by pressing comma in the left keyboard, there is anyway to implement this in oracle Forms 50?

Thanks in advance Cool
Re: Decimal separator problem [message #114853 is a reply to message #114737] Tue, 05 April 2005 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You could try changing the format mask in the pre-text-item and post-text-item. [Maybe change the NLS level formats?]

Alternatively use non-database fields on the screen and in the when-validate-item transform the entered text (comma or period) into the necessary value and place it in the database field. You will have to write your own numeric and format tests.
Re: Decimal separator problem [message #115069 is a reply to message #114853] Thu, 07 April 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NecroAngelo
How can I change the NLS level formats? Somebody knows any option in forms 5.0 to use "," or "." indiferently?

Thanks in advance
Re: Decimal separator problem [message #115177 is a reply to message #114737] Thu, 07 April 2005 19:46 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
The General FAQ suggests going to Oracle documentation at http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/. Use the 'search' facility on the top line and search for 'NLS', go to 'Results for Oracle 8i' - 'Search this documentation library for "nls"', and then go to the 'National Language Support Guide'.
Previous Topic: multilined text boxes
Next Topic: Stacked Canvas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:39:29 CDT 2024