Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to pass value between different block or form?
icon5.gif  How to pass value between different block or form? [message #109997] Wed, 02 March 2005 12:55 Go to next message
raje_here

Mad How to pass value between different block or form?
i.e, if I give the customer number and a password and login a application based on the customer number I should be able to query the next page
i.e., a user has to enter the user name and password and enter a application,and then based on the user name a interface will be opened.there the user will choose to opt for another application..like suppose if he wants to check his bank account details then the respective details has to be displayed(here the details has to be displayed based on the user name value)
IN DETAIL:
1. User name: AB101
Password:secret
2. enters the application with various buttons (chooses the bank accountdetails)
3. the bank account detail for the value AB101 has to be displayed

Thanking u in advance…please do help as this is very important for my final sem project………even If the concept is very simple pls do explain as I m a fresher in this subject………

Re: How to pass value between different block or form? [message #110049 is a reply to message #109997] Thu, 03 March 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
This can be done in several ways.
Normally, if you want to pass variables from one form to another you use globals. (See Forms help for further explanation; the help is very good).
The specific requirement you use could be done easier: If a user can only see his own records, you could add a default-where
"where account_owner = user"
The pseudo-column user, when used in a database-query returns the username of the currently logged-in user.

hth
icon2.gif  Re: How to pass value between different block or form? [message #110264 is a reply to message #110049] Fri, 04 March 2005 14:14 Go to previous message
raje_here

hi
thanks for ur reply Cool ..
bye
-raje-
Previous Topic: trigger? and call report? HELP PLS.
Next Topic: Passing parameters between forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 15:17:59 CDT 2024