Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Graphs
Graphs [message #87865] Fri, 18 February 2005 01:05 Go to next message
Nasir
I am interested how to use Graphs and Charts and print them on a paper using oracle developer 6 or 6i.
Nasir
Re: Graphs [message #109386 is a reply to message #87865] Thu, 24 February 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fanni
Use oracle graph builder for using graphs in Developer 6.
Re: Graphs [message #109422 is a reply to message #87865] Thu, 24 February 2005 10:19 Go to previous message
Steve Corey
Be forewarned -

Graphics Builder 6 is not the best graphical development tool out there. I am using it currently and I have to say, there are quirks and bugs abound. For example, color schemes in bar charts (perhaps all charts, but not sure) are changed from time to time, seemingly inexplicably. Also, if you are able to tie down the scheme, it may change again when you embed the chart into a report or call it in a server application.

I would advise using MS Excel to create a chart if 1) you are confident in ADO or 2) can utilize the ODBC driver or MS Jet Engine to utilize DB data. While it may be easier to just use Graphics builder, you may find yourself wanting to slam your face through your monitor from time to time.

Steve
Previous Topic: pragma exception
Next Topic: handling beans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 15:19:42 CDT 2024