Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » I need Urgent Help!
I need Urgent Help! [message #62145] Tue, 29 June 2004 22:39 Go to next message
Alex
    I have Oracle 8i(Server Edition) installed in Win XP. I could not set the Startup Type of Oracle Service in Control Panel-Administrative Tools to "AUTOMATIC". Everytime I have to start the Service Manually.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Alex
Re: I need Urgent Help! [message #62158 is a reply to message #62145] Wed, 30 June 2004 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas G
Why can't you ?

Can't you get into the properties of the service ? Does it give you an error when you try to set it on automatic in the properties ?

Or have you set it on automatic and it doesn't start anyway ? If that's the case then there should be a message in the eventlog that could lead to the reason why.
Still not solved! [message #62160 is a reply to message #62158] Wed, 30 June 2004 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex
Thanks for your suggestion.
I could not see anything wrong in the Eventlog.
While restarting the computer, all other services are started normally except Oracle Service. It's startup type in Control Panel-Services is Automatic. It's status is "Starting" not "Started".
Everytime I have to start the service from SVRMGRL. Everything is ok with another computer where I have Win XP as OS and Oracle 9i Server Edition.
May be the problem is due to Win XP and Oracle 8i.
Does any body face the same problem?
Regards,
Alex
Re: Still not solved! [message #62165 is a reply to message #62160] Thu, 01 July 2004 02:59 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
please have a look here
http://www.orafaq.com/faqwinnt.htm#autostart
Previous Topic: DLT tapes
Next Topic: Exp erroe
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 14:36:47 CDT 2024