Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » last row inserted displayed not as the last row.
last row inserted displayed not as the last row. [message #61613] Tue, 11 May 2004 02:00 Go to next message
KING
Hi,

As oracle is an RDBMS, it should store the last inserted row  as the last row and when queried in select clause display as the last row .

Its was strange sometime i find the last row inserted into my table some where other than the last row. the tables doesn't have any partitions also.

can anyone explain why this happens??

Thanks

King
Re: last row inserted displayed not as the last row. [message #61614 is a reply to message #61613] Tue, 11 May 2004 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anatol Ciolac
You are not right. RDBMS should support a SQL standart which not force to show rows as they was inserted. If you want to see a number of any row execute this script:
SQL>select rownum,column1,... from from table_name;
Re: last row inserted displayed not as the last row. [message #61620 is a reply to message #61613] Tue, 11 May 2004 14:16 Go to previous message
Trifon Anguelov
You can always use ORDER BY in your queries to ensure the proper order of the results:

SELECT * FROM emp ORBER BY empid;

HTH,

clio_usa - OCP 8/8i/9i

DBAclick.com | Oracle DBA Forums | [url=http://news.dbaclick.com] Oracle Usenet groups<a/>
Previous Topic: failed odbc connection
Next Topic: Cannot start oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 14:17:04 CDT 2024