Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Not able to handle jobs in a JOB QUEUE
Not able to handle jobs in a JOB QUEUE [message #61088] Sun, 28 March 2004 22:04 Go to next message
Shibaji Ghosh
Hello,

I am trying to use Oracle Job Queue feature. The scheduler will call a procedure every 1 min. Inside the procedure I have a drop table script. But once I submit the job, I could not find any data dictionary information of it from user_jobs view. Here is the block which will submit the job for calling the 'proc' procedure every 1 min. The procedure is fine and is behaving properly when I execute it separately.

declare
job_id integer;
begin
dbms_job.submit(job_id, 'proc;', sysdate , 'sysdate + 1/1440');
dbms_output.put_line('Job No : '||job_id||' submitted');
Exception
when others then
dbms_output.put_line(sqlerrm);
end;

The result of this script when execute is :

Job No : 30 submitted

But when I query user_tables view, I find no information. When I try to remove the job :

SQL> exec dbms_job.remove(30)

ORA-23421: job number 30 is not a job in the job queue
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SYS_ERROR", line 86
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_IJOB", line 525
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_JOB", line 253
ORA-06512: at line 1

I have the following init.ora parameters in place

job_queue_processes = 4
job_queue_interval = 60

I am executing everything from DGM user and also checking from DGM user. I am also not finding any job information from DBA_JOBS view (executed as SYS user).

Where am I going wrong ? Any privilege missing ? How do I handle the jobs and get necessary information about it ?

Can anybody help me out. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shibaji

Re: Not able to handle jobs in a JOB QUEUE [message #61089 is a reply to message #61088] Sun, 28 March 2004 22:34 Go to previous message
Anatol Ciolac
Are you started any time this job?Try to submit yet once this job and to see if he are seeing in sys.dba_jobs view. Try to delete a parameter job_queue_interval from init.ora and to restart database.
Previous Topic: ORA-01591 lock held by in-doubt distributed transaction
Next Topic: How do I find the patch number installed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:39:01 CDT 2024