Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Error when create DB in Oracle 10g
Error when create DB in Oracle 10g [message #61070] Thu, 25 March 2004 08:51 Go to next message
Mohammad
When I try to create a new database in database Configuration Assistant receive this error

Instance created.
DIM-00019: create service error
O/S-Error: (OS 1388) a new member could not be added to a local group because the member has the wrong account type.

My OS is windows server 2003 and my Database is Oracle Database 10g
Re: Error when create DB in Oracle 10g [message #61078 is a reply to message #61070] Fri, 26 March 2004 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Hi,

This is a Windows operating system error. The following from the MSDN site:

Error code: 1388

Name: ERROR_INVALID_MEMBER

Description: A new member could not be added to a local group because the member has the wrong account type.

User Action: This Windows 2000 Executive STATUS message is for your information. Choose OK to continue. Use User Manager to change the account type of the user.

Questions/ Actions:

1) Are you using the beta version of Oracle 10g?

2) Check your ORADIM.LOG file in the ORACLE_HOMERDBMS directory for additional info.

3) Check your Windows Event Viewer for additional info.

4) Do you run DBCA from a "Local Administrator" account?

5) Try to change the startmode for CSS (Oracle Cluster Synchronization Services) from automatic to manual. Reboot the machine and to create the DB again.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Error when create DB in Oracle 10g [message #62141 is a reply to message #61078] Tue, 29 June 2004 11:03 Go to previous message
Walter Pinson
I get the same error. However, just starting the OracleServiceSID service doesn't work for me. I get all kinds of errors after that.

The first error that I run into is an 'ORA-12154 TNS could not resolve connect identifier specified'. I ignore that and then get an 'ORA-01031 Insufficient Priveledges'. When I ignore that one I get another ORA-12154.

I'm trying to install Oracle 10g on a Windows 2003 Domain Controller. I'm logged in as the domain administrator.

I have been dealing with this for a fair amount of time and this installation process seems overly complicated. If anyone out there could simplify it for me I would be most grateful.

Thanks,
-wp
Previous Topic: Is Oracle server alive?
Next Topic: instance doesn't start automatic
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 14:27:18 CDT 2024