Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Trigger that fires when rollback segment error happens
Trigger that fires when rollback segment error happens [message #60563] Mon, 16 February 2004 06:11 Go to next message
Vinny75
Folks,

Is there a trigger event that will be fired when a space error or rollback segment extend error happens? I have a long running Delete job that gets errorred out due to snapshot too old issue. This is a 9i DN with locally managed settings.  I was wondering if this event is captured, I could re-start my delete process again via the trigger instead of having to monitor constantly for a failure.

thanks
Re: Trigger that fires when rollback segment error happens [message #60565 is a reply to message #60563] Mon, 16 February 2004 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
See the "resume" option.
http://www.databasejournal.com/features/oracle/article.php/1593781
Re: Trigger that fires when rollback segment error happens [message #60568 is a reply to message #60563] Mon, 16 February 2004 16:12 Go to previous message
croca
You may try to use resumable session, so, when long runing ops fail because of space related problems, the transaction suspends until you fix the problem, then it continues automatically without rolling bak. i mean, the long runing operation will continue and there is no loose of your work
You have to issue ALTER SESSION ENABLE RESUMABLE before DELETE statement.
And you have to check DBA_RESUMABLE view to monitor if transaction get suspended in order to solve the problem.
Best regards.

www.otools.com.ar
Previous Topic: RENAME a table? Is it possible?
Next Topic: tns 12154 could not resolve service name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:51:53 CDT 2024