Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » SHM_SHARE_MMU segment warning
SHM_SHARE_MMU segment warning [message #60394] Thu, 05 February 2004 12:00 Go to next message
James Briar
I'm getting the following warning message in one of the alert logs after i shutdown/startup the instance :-

Completed: alter database close                                                

Thu Feb  5 19:30:08 2004                                                       

alter database dismount                                                        

Completed: alter database dismount                                             

archiving is disabled                                                          

Thu Feb  5 19:30:14 2004   

Starting ORACLE instance (normal)                                               

Thu Feb  5 19:30:15 2004                                                       

WARNING: Not enough physical memory for SHM_SHARE_MMU segment of size 0x00000000

This is not causing any problems but i'd like to fix this warning. I've amended the Unix Kernel for the number of Oracle instances correctly (amending the file /etc/system etc). We're using Oracle 8i on Unix Sun Solaris 8. Has anyone come across this warning before?  

Re: SHM_SHARE_MMU segment warning [message #60397 is a reply to message #60394] Thu, 05 February 2004 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thiru
You can try reducing the SGA size( db_block_buffers , shared_pool_size etc) or disable intimate shared memory by setting USE_ISM=false(note that ism allows multiple processes to share the page table). This warning is raised becos your SGA is not able to fit into the phyiscal memory which is required by ISM.

-Thiru
Re: SHM_SHARE_MMU segment warning [message #60409 is a reply to message #60397] Fri, 06 February 2004 01:32 Go to previous message
James Briar
Hello Thiru,
I reduced the values of db_block_buffers and shared_pool_size then restarted the instance. The warning has now gone. Thanks for your help. Bye.
Previous Topic: SQLPlus not accept scott with tiger pls help me
Next Topic: role and privileges
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:40:52 CDT 2024