Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Oracle 9i replication problem
Oracle 9i replication problem [message #60260] Tue, 27 January 2004 22:18 Go to next message
Gouri Shanker
Hi

I have problem in oracli 9i replication server. I  am using Oracle Enterprise Management Console (OEM) to do the replication. I had created Multimaster Replication . I had created master group and

oracle data replication schedule. The problem is  replication  is done only once and completly ignoring the schedule.

Can any one throw some light on that ?

Thanking you

Gouri

Re: Oracle 9i replication problem [message #60298 is a reply to message #60260] Fri, 30 January 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ilver
Hi Gouri,

Do you have enough JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES declared for the database instance (?)

/ilver

This paste could help if you haven't:

JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES

Default: 0

Range: 0 to 1000

Specifies the number of Jn job queue processes for each instance (J000 ... J999). Job queue processes handle requests created by DBMS_JOB.

When JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES is set to 0 at a site, you must apply administrative requests manually for all groups at the site, and you must manually push and purge the deferred transaction queue.

You can change the setting for JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES dynamically by using the ALTER SYSTEM statement.
This parameter should be set to at least 1, and should be set to the same value as the maximum number of jobs that can run simultaneously plus one.
Re: Oracle 9i replication problem [message #60310 is a reply to message #60298] Sat, 31 January 2004 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shanker
I had set the following parameters in init.ora file
under the folder called adminpfileinit.ora. Still it does not wok.

Initial testing under one machine (i.e two databases lives in the same machine). But I have to do the real testing under Networking environment ie. two different server under different (desparate)locations.

GLOBAL_NAMES = TRUE
JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES = 100

Shanker
Re: Oracle 9i replication problem [message #60348 is a reply to message #60310] Mon, 02 February 2004 23:08 Go to previous message
ilver
Sorry it took me so long to reply.

Your SPFILE can overide the INIT.ORA
Check how the database is configured by issuing:
SQL>show parameter global_names
SQL>show parameter job_queue_processes

/ilver
Previous Topic: Temporary Tablespace defined with: Datafile vs Tempfile.
Next Topic: ORA-060 - User Trace file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:45:52 CDT 2024