Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » CreateProcess: null -new -sid MTEST -startmode m error=2
CreateProcess: null -new -sid MTEST -startmode m error=2 [message #60253] Tue, 27 January 2004 11:08 Go to next message
Baris Ozbey
Hi everybody

I successfully installed oracle 9i on an Win XP system. But when I tried to create a database using Database Configuration Assistant I suffered problems.

I tried to create a:

General Purpose, Typical Configuration DB

But when the Assistant comes to create and initialize the database the following error occurs:

CreateProcess: null -new -sid MTEST -startmode m error=2

Then it gives the ORA 12560 error.

When I check the services I can not find a service named OracleServiceMTEST. I think this is the reason for the ORA 12560 message but why can not I create a service process during the database creation and receive the error above.

Moreover,

when I type SQLPLUS "/ AS SYSDBA" in command prompt, it says "insufficient privilidges"

I think this has something to do with the user that I am logging into the system but when I check the user, I can see that my user is in the ORA_DBA group

Does anyone have any ideas about the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards
Re: CreateProcess: null -new -sid MTEST -startmode m error=2 [message #60257 is a reply to message #60253] Tue, 27 January 2004 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam
hi, On Windows you gotto create the service manually by using "oradim" utility.
Re: CreateProcess: null -new -sid MTEST -startmode m error=2 [message #60264 is a reply to message #60257] Wed, 28 January 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baris Ozbey
Should I create the process when I receive this message and then continue?
Re: CreateProcess: null -new -sid MTEST -startmode m error=2 [message #60265 is a reply to message #60264] Wed, 28 January 2004 02:41 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
first check your settings in os. in windows this error has occurred before if the regional options are NOT SET TO United States.
if so, and if changing the regional settings is permissible please do it and give a try.
else
first create the service manually
start the service
and then start the installation.
Previous Topic: Howto move controlfile on 9i with SPfile ??
Next Topic: Size of database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:18:26 CDT 2024