Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » changing tablesapce of tables &urgent
changing tablesapce of tables &urgent [message #60218] Sat, 24 January 2004 19:18 Go to next message
Susan
Dear Sir,
i had query about database admin level.Can u ask to ur friend as DBA.
In our company created a db around 4months before.The Big mistake done is they created the tables in system tablesapce..SO as u know the system becoming slow when data is increasing so they till now they r adding datafiles but now its slow.
there r 400 tables.they did'nt partioned large tables.So how to change the tablespace without invalidating the table's data and dependents(views ,indexes,constraints).I used export in user level if its table level some of the objects will be invalidated.whether we can use move command with alter table command.
i am not sure cos its real data.there r 8 outlets accesing this database.So whether have to shutdown the database or can do it online.
whether any problems for applcations when accessing the data pls give a solution
susan
Re: changing tablesapce of tables &urgent [message #60220 is a reply to message #60218] Sun, 25 January 2004 23:28 Go to previous message
Patrick Tahiri
Hi susan,

Which version of Oracle (8? 8i? 9i?) are u using?

Use the MOVE command:
---------------------------------------
ALTER TABLE user_schema_name.TABLE_NAME
MOVE TABLESPACE new_tablespace_name;
---------------------------------------

CAUTION: It have to be a nonpartitioned table!!

Drop the index(es) on the table and rebuild it/them on a dedicated tablespace!

Good luck!

Regards,

Patrick Tahiri.
Previous Topic: Help w/ setting up Oracle 9i
Next Topic: SQL*Loader Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:27:51 CDT 2024