Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Setting Password for Intelligent Agent on 9i
Setting Password for Intelligent Agent on 9i [message #60197] Thu, 22 January 2004 15:14 Go to next message
Prasad
Hi

On HP-UNIX with Oracle 9i I wanted to setup password for

intelligent agent. So Oracle recomends to add these two parameters in snmp_rw.ora file.

snmp.connect.<service_name>.user=dbsnmp

snmp.connect.<service_name>.password=new_dbsnmp

So added this and restarted agent and try to discover nodes from OEM there is no impact of adding these two parameters. Nodes are discovering without asking passwords.

I am still wondering what is connect between these parameters and changing dbsnmp user password.

So someone can explain me how to implement password on Intelligent agent.If its implemented how one has to discover the nodes by supplying password? and the role of dbsnmp user.

Eagerly waiting for help in this regard.

Thanks and Regards

Prasad

Re: Setting Password for Intelligent Agent on 9i [message #60203 is a reply to message #60197] Fri, 23 January 2004 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
i beleive, the service name is should be-as-in snmp_ro.ora.
and also change the password of database user DBSNMP and restart the intelligent agent.
Re: Setting Password for Intelligent Agent on 9i [message #60215 is a reply to message #60203] Fri, 23 January 2004 20:10 Go to previous message
Prasad
Hi Mahesh,

Ya I have set the service name excatly as seen in snmp_ro.ora and changed the password for DBSNMP user and restarted the intelligent agent.

Is their any command like tnsping which shows the contents of tnsnames.ora like if you do
agentctl start agent will write any information regarding the contents of snmp_ro.ora and snmp_rw.ora to any file. What I meant how should acknowledge whether the it is reading the contents of snmp_ro.ora and snmp_rw.ora.

Please let me know in case you come accros this kind of problem.

Thanks and Regards
Prasad
Previous Topic: Oracle database trying to open wrong data files
Next Topic: Help w/ setting up Oracle 9i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:38:05 CDT 2024