Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » transaction too slow undo tablesapce becoame large
transaction too slow undo tablesapce becoame large [message #60189] Thu, 22 January 2004 06:49 Go to next message
sangeetha
hi experts
in my company its a chain stores of showrooms contains 8 outlets
and now its showing the transaction taking so slow and too much time to complete.Now the size of undo tablesapce is increasing.Another guy created the database i don'nt know whehter the tablesapce allocated with enough large size .what may be the reason for that whether the redo logsize is small we r using undo management.

how can we intiate logswtich within a specified time can anybody give script to run automatically
thnks in advance
Re: transaction too slow undo tablesapce becoame large [message #60190 is a reply to message #60189] Thu, 22 January 2004 08:41 Go to previous message
Thiru
Hi
Could you be more specific ?
Undo(ie Rollback) segments and Redolog files are different.
Dynamic allocation and growth of undo extents could cause performance issues,but I hope you are using automatic undo management and has enabled automatic growth of datafiles. Whats your undo_retention value ?

Just curious,why do you need time based log switches ? Log switches cause full checkpoints which are resource intensive.Frequent checkpoints can further slow down the performance.

-Thiru
Previous Topic: Advanced Queing
Next Topic: Storage clause & Performance (Oracle 8i)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:39:58 CDT 2024