Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Archive process error
Archive process error [message #60104] Thu, 15 January 2004 20:30 Go to next message
shankar
Hi

Can anybody help me in solving the following problem ?

Archive process error: oracle instance INTOOLS - cannot allocate log. Archival required.

thanks in advance

Shankar
Re: Archive process error [message #60105 is a reply to message #60104] Thu, 15 January 2004 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shankar
Hi

I am facing a problem with the following server message in Event Viewer. Can anybody help me ?

Archive process error: Oracle instance INTOOLS - cannot allocate log. Archival required.

Thanks in advance
Shankar
Re: Archive process error [message #60134 is a reply to message #60105] Sat, 17 January 2004 06:04 Go to previous message
Thiru
Hi
as the message indicates, LGWR wasnt able to overwrite the contents of the online redolog file since it hasnt been archived yet by ARCH process. You will need to make sure you have LOG_ARCHIVE_START=true to startup the archiver process when the instance starts up and if there are arch process already,make sure LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST is not full. You may need to start more archiver processes to speed up archiving so as not to block LGWR.

-Thiru
Previous Topic: Oracle Server 7.1.3
Next Topic: Odd 8i client issue, need some troubleshooting guidance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:41:17 CDT 2024