Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Oracle Database Hang
Oracle Database Hang [message #60085] Thu, 15 January 2004 02:25 Go to next message
Giuseppe
Hello everyone,I have a problem with an Oracle database 8.1.7.I have two database and I have a replication between them.One of them is a database server for a web application developed with ASP linguage and MTS tecnologies.Twice a day the DB Server go in hang state.Can I have a list of causes of an hang of database?  

Thanks in advance

Giuseppe  
Re: Oracle Database Hang [message #60093 is a reply to message #60085] Thu, 15 January 2004 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thiru
Hi
there can be tons of reasons why a database would hang or appear to hang..

You will need to generate a list of all programs/queries that touch the database when this happens. Looking for locks,alert.log errors,trace files,top session(cpu , logical reads etc), statspack during this duration, drilling down through v$session_Event,v$session_wait are some of the things you can do.

-Thiru
Re: Oracle Database Hang [message #60108 is a reply to message #60085] Thu, 15 January 2004 23:04 Go to previous message
Daljit Singh
Hi,

Along with the instructions given by Thiru also check ur ARCHIVE process and the destination of ur archive files.
Previous Topic: Lob Storage Allocation
Next Topic: Order Oracle software CD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:23:04 CDT 2024