Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » disk2 not recognized, installation problem
disk2 not recognized, installation problem [message #60082] Wed, 14 January 2004 04:28 Go to next message
Eric
Installing Oracle 9i 9.0.1 on Solaris 9.

Install proceeds well until Oracle Universal Installer asks for disk 2. Eject disk 1 and place disk 2 into cdrom but installer continues to ask for disk 2 as if it doesn't recognize the disk in the cdrom drive.

my options are 'ok' which just brings the window up again or 'cancel' where I get an Error message saying unable to find the product files. My options then are retry or cancel.

The installer says to 'Please insert Oracle9i disk2 into my disk drive or specify an alternate location.' There doesn't seem to be a way to specify an alternate location.

-----------------------------

gave up on trying to install on CD and trying to install from hard drive. copied the Cds to hard drive but get same error message.

/data1/install/disk1/orcl901_1/runInstaller

Then after 30% of the installation, the installer asks to Please insert Oracle 9i disk 2 into my disk drive or specify an alternative location. Pressing Ok brings up same message box. Only option is Cancel, which brings up another message box that says Error 'Unable to find the product files. This installation cannot continue.'

I installed the CDs to disk1 disk2 and disk3. I also tried copying orcl901_2 into the disk1 directory and to it's own directory at the /disk1 level. Same error message. The Oracle instructions say to 'Copy the CD-ROMs to your system hard drive. Copy each CD-ROM to a directory on a single mount point with the same name as the CD-ROM. For example, copy disk 1 to a directory named disk 1.' Is there another name for the CDROM's?

Would anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?
Re: disk2 not recognized, installation problem [message #60089 is a reply to message #60082] Thu, 15 January 2004 03:39 Go to previous message
Thiru
Try naming the directories on the disk as 'Disk1','Disk2','Disk3' and not as disk1,disk2,disk3.

I do remember running into a similar problem last year..
Previous Topic: Oracle 8.1.7 Standard edition on Solaris 8 Installation
Next Topic: TABLE STATS and Oracle Monitoring
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:41:53 CDT 2024