Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Help requested Missing adapter/protocols Oracle 9i .
Help requested Missing adapter/protocols Oracle 9i . [message #60055] Mon, 12 January 2004 20:27 Go to next message
rookie
Hello folks:

I have oracle 9i installed in a solaris environment.

I am able to connect to an idle instance of a database, and do a "startup" command successfully.

next i use the netca to create a listener and at this point my problem starts. I want/have to select one of the protocols from the available protocol list for use by this listener. but for some reason, there are no protocols available to choose from.

Could some one please help me understand the absence of any available protocol/adapters to drive a listener.

Any help/inputs greately appreciated.

Re: Help requested Missing adapter/protocols Oracle 9i . [message #60061 is a reply to message #60055] Tue, 13 January 2004 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
first, make sure the adapters are installed.
like this.
if not found, reinstall from oracle media.
bash-2.03$ adapters

Installed Oracle Net transport protocols are:

IPC
    BEQ
    TCP/IP
    SSL
    RAW

Installed Oracle Net naming methods are:

Local Naming (tnsnames.ora)
    Oracle Directory Naming
    Oracle Host Naming
    Oracle Names Server Naming
    NIS Naming

Installed Oracle Advanced Security options are:

RC4 40-bit encryption
    RC4 56-bit encryption
    RC4 128-bit encryption
    RC4 256-bit encryption
    DES40 40-bit encryption
    DES 56-bit encryption
    3DES 112-bit encryption
    3DES 168-bit encryption
    AES 128-bit encryption
    AES 192-bit encryption
    AES 256-bit encryption
    MD5 crypto-checksumming
    SHA-1 crypto-checksumming
    Kerberos v5 authentication
    RADIUS authentication

Re: Help requested Missing adapter/protocols Oracle 9i . [message #60075 is a reply to message #60061] Tue, 13 January 2004 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rohit
Hello Mr.Mahesh and other posters:

I am having the same problem as the other poster about oracle 9i missing protocols.

I have checked the adapters command and the output is exactly the same that you posted. so i guess that the protocols are properly installed on the server here.

btw, we have oracle 9i installed on sun solaris server.

I am able to connect to an idle instance and then do a "startup" command successfully, Next when i get into netca to configure a listerner for that database then i dont see any available protocols in the list to choose from.

I would really appreciate if you could give me some tips/pointers/advice in this regard.

Rohit
Re: Help requested Missing adapter/protocols Oracle 9i . [message #60076 is a reply to message #60075] Tue, 13 January 2004 09:37 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
did you try creating the listner.ora manually..
Previous Topic: Instalation of Oracle 8.1.7 on Solaris 8
Next Topic: DBA Studio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:24:07 CDT 2024