Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Want to recover initora parameter file and some dbf files
Want to recover initora parameter file and some dbf files [message #59954] Mon, 05 January 2004 20:02 Go to next message
Deepa Sreekumar
Hi,

Iam working on Oracle 9i AS on Sun Solaris. Somebody has accidentally deleted the initora parameter file and some of the dbf files. When i try to login as SysDBA its gives me 'Insufficient Priveleges error'. Hence iam not able to even connect to atleast mount the database. I need help on recovery of the above mentioned files on Sun Solaris O/S ( iam not very conversant with this particular o/s) . Any help will be appreciated very much. Pls help me ...

regds
Deepa
Re: Want to recover initora parameter file and some dbf files [message #59959 is a reply to message #59954] Tue, 06 January 2004 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
etryblr
1.Was the dB up when the init.ora and dbf files were deleted?

2.Oracle will provide sample init.ora file when u install the rdbms.U can make a copy of it and rename accdly(initSID.ora) and keep it in path.(Usually $ORACLE_HOME/dbs).

3.As far as dbf files are concerned, since the physical files are removed....I's not possible to recover the same.Do u have the latest data exported?In which case make the dB up to NOMOUNT stage using the initSID.ora file and drop the deleted database files OFFLINE.
Create new databasefiles and import the data from the dmp(if u have it)

let me know if it works out.I think this is what we tried here.

anyways, all the best
Prashanth
Re: Want to recover initora parameter file and some dbf files [message #59964 is a reply to message #59954] Tue, 06 January 2004 02:53 Go to previous message
Thiru
Hi,
Are you logged in as 'oracle' user on the Sun server ?
Pls cut&paste your sqlplus session here .
Are you connecting via '/ as sysdba' ?

Do you have backups of your init.ora and datafiles? You can create init.ora from the sample file as Prasanth mentioned. Are you in ARCHIVELOG or NOARCHVIVELOG mode ?
IF no backups,recovery options are very limited! If you do have backups,what type of backups ?

-Thiru
Previous Topic: What is the best way to replicate the data
Next Topic: Why is there no Oracle9i Database 64-bit StandardEdition software for Solaris
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:45:48 CDT 2024