Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » What is the best way to replicate the data
What is the best way to replicate the data [message #59950] Mon, 05 January 2004 09:59 Go to next message
Jadie
I want to replicate some data from the production database to another database using by Marketing department. These data will be selected from some tables that meet some selection criterias.
Can anyone tell me what is the best way to do it? Appreciate any response!!! Thanks.

Jadie
Re: What is the best way to replicate the data [message #59952 is a reply to message #59950] Mon, 05 January 2004 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scott
One way to do it is a simple export and import. You can specofy conditions before you start your export.I think an export should be good enough to go.

Hope I am right......

Dont take my answer, wait for the Gurus on this website

Thanx

Scott
Re: What is the best way to replicate the data [message #59962 is a reply to message #59950] Tue, 06 January 2004 02:31 Go to previous message
Thiru
Hi,
there are a number of ways to replicate data between databases.
1) Insert into table1 select blah from table2@dblink
2)SQLPLUS COPY over the network
3) Export / Import
4) REad only Snapshots
5) SqlLoader
6) Pl/Sql/dblink
etc

All of the above can be done on demand or automated.You will need to choose the one that works best for you(depending on the volume of data,frequency of replication,method of refresh,availability needs etc). For more details on the above techniques,pls refer to documentation.

HTH
Thiru
Previous Topic: Oracle DBMS_SQL package usage
Next Topic: Want to recover initora parameter file and some dbf files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:30:52 CDT 2024