Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » CPU 100% USAGES
CPU 100% USAGES [message #59344] Wed, 12 November 2003 21:45 Go to next message
Amrit
Hi,
We are using Oracle 9i. When we execute a statement having with where clause, group by, order by etc., the server shows the 100% CPU Usages. Now, when we execute another statement from another session, it takes very long time for the responses. Until the complete execution of first statement, the seciond and others commands are not responsed in time due to 100% CPU Usages.

However, we are testing this on clone computer and low end server only, we are confused about the CPU management for each and every sessions.

So, please, give me some solution that how the oracle 9i works for CPU Management and what type of Server (Hardware) is required for Oracle 9i handing more than 250 tables containing each table about 40,00,000 records.

Thanks

Mahesh
Re: CPU 100% USAGES [message #59346 is a reply to message #59344] Wed, 12 November 2003 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daljit Singh
Hi,

Well this is really an interesting prob and the solutions are PROFILES and ORACLE RESOURCE MANAGERMENT.

Both can be used to limit the cpu usage by the users. U can use DBMS_RESOURCE_MANAGER package to deal with the resource management.

Currently RM can control :
The amount of CPU allocated to each user and
The degree of parallelism allowed for parallel queries.

U can use diff group of users and assign them diff plans according to their requirmets.

Its not possible to explain the whole config of RESOURCE MANAGEMENT bcz many things have to be setup before using it like creating user groups, creating pending area, creating directives, creating plans etc.

I think it will it will show u the path and for more detail refer ORACLE DOC.
Re: CPU 100% USAGES [message #60711 is a reply to message #59344] Fri, 27 February 2004 13:28 Go to previous message
dddd
Hi,

My query is what is the formulae to calculate CPU Usages

Thanks,
Yatendra
Previous Topic: reclaim tablespace after deleting data
Next Topic: initialisation parameters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:25:25 CDT 2024