Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Export - Abnormal Behaviour
Export - Abnormal Behaviour [message #59243] Wed, 05 November 2003 22:04 Go to next message
Mahesh
Hi,
In Oracle 8i, we are using import tool to take backup. Initially, the size of exp.exe shows 168 KB, and those times, export tool works properly. But after sometimes, the size of exp.exe increases upto 172 KB. This time, the same does not work properly and shows the termination error.

Furthermore, we replace the exp.exe having size 168 KB from another server and obviously, it works. But, after sometimes, it repeats the same.

Now, gurujee, please can you give me the suggestion or solution for this kind of problem..?

Mahesh, ITN
Re: Export - Abnormal Behaviour [message #59244 is a reply to message #59243] Wed, 05 November 2003 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
replacing the .exe files from another installation will work.
BUT IT IS NOT RECOMENDED.
i dont understand why u are worried about the size of the .exe file??
if u beleive there are two versions of exp.exe check the client installations in that host.
every oracle server and client installation will have its own exp and imp.exe. so you may be looking into different files.
if the exp.exe is showing some errors , pleaase post the exact errors.

Re: Export - Abnormal Behaviour [message #59246 is a reply to message #59244] Thu, 06 November 2003 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh
Actually, there is only Oracle 8i server is installed in the machine. To rectify the confusion, I also tried keeping the exp.exe any many folders. But, I found that, every exp.exe is found with size increased.

Later, it does not works for exporting dump data giving message as "EXP has been terminated successfully."

I found this type of problems in only one server. All the others servers work properly. So, please, what's the cause of this problem ?
Re: Export - Abnormal Behaviour [message #59250 is a reply to message #59246] Thu, 06 November 2003 01:28 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
"EXP has been terminated successfully" means, export is done successfully.

Previous Topic: developer2000/9i database problem
Next Topic: Oracle 8i Remanagement (URGENT)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:16:44 CDT 2024