Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Regarding Rollback Segs
Regarding Rollback Segs [message #59137] Fri, 31 October 2003 01:34 Go to next message
yram
hi
i ofter come across this message
ORA-1562 failed to extend rollback segment

do suggest me how to over come this error.

Regrads
Yram
Re: Regarding Rollback Segs [message #59138 is a reply to message #59137] Fri, 31 October 2003 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daljit Singh
Hi,

This error simply means that ur rollback segments are small for ur transactions. But if u think that u have enough large roll back segments then it means users are not either committing or rollbacking their transactions frequently, moreover some large transactions are also performing at the same time with same rollback segments.

To rectify this create some bigger rollback segments and use that RBS with large transactions using SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK SEGMENT command, and increase the size of the existing RBS if possible, or instruct ur DB users to either commit or rollback after completing the transaction so that rollback segments for that transactions can be free up.
Re: Regarding Rollback Segs [message #59141 is a reply to message #59137] Fri, 31 October 2003 07:42 Go to previous message
Thiru
Give us the complete error message. The rollback segment has failed to extend for some reasons(insufficient tablespace etc).

What version are you in ? Try automatic undo management from 9i onwards to simplify the rollback segments management.

-Thiru
Previous Topic: DBVerify for 9i
Next Topic: SQL Query : Performance Isssue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:18:28 CDT 2024