Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Problem w.r.t. recovering the Database
Problem w.r.t. recovering the Database [message #58975] Mon, 20 October 2003 03:21 Go to next message
rajmukesh
Hi
I am trying to restore the database from last backup. I have restored the datafiles,controlfiles,archivelog files,parameter files. Now I want to apply the archive log files to my restored database. Suggest me how to do that? I have tried to recover datafiles but no acknowledgement comes whether archive log files have been applied or not. It just says media recovery complete. Needs ur suggestions.
bye
mukesh
Re: Problem w.r.t. recovering the Database [message #58982 is a reply to message #58975] Mon, 20 October 2003 07:06 Go to previous message
Thiru
Is this a test restore/recovery ? What are you trying to recover ? Can you copy & paste your session here?
Is this from a cold/hot backup?

Recover database ;? Recover datafile ;?
IF the database is/becomes consistent without the need for application of any log files,,then the Media recovery is complete . Did you try to open the database ? What happens then.

Note than you could apply multiple archive files without prompting everytime when the necessary files are in LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST and you specify AUTO or RECOVER FROM 'location' where 'location' has all the necessary files for recovery.

-Thiru

-Thiru
Previous Topic: DB Links
Next Topic: Block Contention
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:25:51 CDT 2024