Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » difficulties of prototyping huge database applications
difficulties of prototyping huge database applications [message #58599] Sun, 21 September 2003 04:43 Go to next message
Umashankar R
Could some one just tell me what all may be the "difficulties of prototyping huge database applications", this is required me for one of our estimations.
Re: difficulties of prototyping huge database applications [message #58603 is a reply to message #58599] Sun, 21 September 2003 07:36 Go to previous message
Thiru
I wouldnt call them as difficulties, rather as 'requirements','oppurtunities' etc!

Thats a most generic question you have asked..Mostly it depends on the type of industry,type of application(ie OLAP,OLTP,etc),traffic etc .However ,I will try to mention some of the 'requirements' briefly:

1.Business requirements/directions & TUNING.
2. Overall system analysis/Budget allocations/profit expectations & TUNING.
3.Availability,Scalability(response time,traffic,concurrency etc),Functionality requirements & TUNING
4. Project team :expertise,duration,coordination etc/Risk Management.
5.Application design/Data modelling/Change control mechanism & TUNING.
6. Applciation(Front end,backend,middleware etc) setup,Development & QA database desgin/setup/TUNING,TUNING and TUNING
7.Production Servers(CPU,Disk Arrays,Memory,OS etc)/Backup systems selection/purchase : Availability,Scalability,Budget & TUNING etc etc
8.Production implementation of apps,database,networking,monitoring,backups,training,tuning & TUNING
9.Post production phase (monitoring,QA,change management,backup retention,recovery procedures,performance tuning etc etc)

HTH
Thiru
Previous Topic: CREATING TWO OR MORE ORACLE UNIX IDs IN ONE MACHINE
Next Topic: how to schedule a job in crontab, in HP unix
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:41:04 CDT 2024