Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Control file crashed!!!!
Control file crashed!!!! [message #58515] Thu, 04 September 2003 07:33 Go to next message
sachin kumar gupta
Is there any way that I can recover through the situation when I have lost the control file. Also, I don't have any backup of control file/very old control file. And in between so many operations were performed like tablespace addition, datafile resized, datafile added etc..

Sachin
Re: Control file crashed!!!! [message #58517 is a reply to message #58515] Thu, 04 September 2003 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jelmer
Hello Sachin,

I am no DBA but I remember something like this. If I remember well, there are always two controlfiles, which have the same name and are in different directories (or they have different names and are in the same directory). They should be exactly equal in content. Maybe you can find the good one and copy it to the bad controlfile, and restart the database. If you don't know which one is good, try them both.
But I think you should verify all this before going on, for as I said, I am no expert

Wish you good luck, Jelmer
Re: Control file crashed!!!! [message #58527 is a reply to message #58517] Thu, 04 September 2003 15:22 Go to previous message
Kartik Nair
Try to recreate the control file by first connecting as SYS.

startup nomount;

recreate the Control file using the following command.

Create controlfile reuse database "db-name" resetlogs noarchivelog

You will need to provide all the other relevent information like maxlogfiles etc.

Good luck.
Previous Topic: Urgent Help! Rollback Segements - Automatic undo mode???!!
Next Topic: Clone database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:53:54 CDT 2024