Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » MTS_DISPATCHERS
MTS_DISPATCHERS [message #58502] Wed, 03 September 2003 09:07 Go to next message
Neil Bennett
I am new to Oracle and recently purchased an Oracle Press book "Oracle8i for WindowsNT starter kit". This included a 60 day trial CD with Oracle Enterprise Edition 8.1.5.0.0, together with instructions for it's installation. Once installed there are lots of exercises to follow, based on the database created from the CD.
I have installed Windows NT4.0 Server Enterprise Edition and SP3, as required, for the Operating System.
However, during the database creation phase from the CD (immediately after it claims to have created and started the instance and copied the database files)I get "ORA-00101 Invalid specification for system parameter MTS_DISPATCHERS" - even though I haven't actually done any configuration at all so the only parameter available is the one set on the CD.
I can either ignore select to ignore the message, which ultimately leads to "ORA-01034-Oracle not available" or abort the installation process.
The only other area I can think of that might be related is the per seat or other licensing issue when installing NT.
I'd really like to get this sorted out so I can get on and work through the book.
Can anyone help please?
Re: MTS_DISPATCHERS [message #58503 is a reply to message #58502] Wed, 03 September 2003 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
I beleive, the windows machine you are running NT is not in a network or where networking is not enabled.
oracle for NT by default looks for certain 'network properties'.
so locate your init< sid >.ora , that is created by oracle ( by deault in ORACLE_HOME/database or ORACLE_BASE/admin/< sid >/pfile).
edit the init< sid >.ora  and comment of any paramter that deals with MTS like mts_dispatchers.
try again by starting the database manually~.
Please note that, you can download the latest verision of oracle (9.2.0) from oracle website free of cost for personal use. Do download oracle PO (Personal Edition)                       

Re: MTS_DISPATCHERS [message #58518 is a reply to message #58503] Thu, 04 September 2003 09:36 Go to previous message
Neil Bennett
Mahesh

Many thanks for your message. I decided against changing the init file and instead reinstalled NT as being on a network (rather than as a stand-alone PC as I had previously done).

It all seems to have installed OK now.

Thanks again.

Neil
Previous Topic: ORA-12666: Dedicated server: outbound transport protocol different from inbound
Next Topic: Parallel Query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:55:36 CDT 2024