Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Count non workink days between two dates, from calendar table (Impala - SQL)
Count non workink days between two dates, from calendar table [message #689123] Wed, 27 September 2023 10:32 Go to next message
Nicha
I have a customer table (Table1) that has a column with the creation date.
[Created_Date] : Cliente creation date.
and
[Num_days] : number of days (integer)

I also have a calendar table (table_calendar) with 2 columns:
[ref_date] : calendar days
[civil_util] : If = 1 -> Work day; If = 0 -> weekends and hollydays.

I need to get, for each Table1.[Created_Date], the count of weekends and hollydays between Table1.[Created_Date] and Table1.[Created_Date] + Table1.[Num_days] - guiven possibly by using date_add(Table1.[Created_Date], Table1.[Num_days]).

Can anyone help please? Impala does not permit to use a subquery on select statement, as a field.

My best regards in advance
Re: Count non workink days between two dates, from calendar table [message #689125 is a reply to message #689123] Wed, 27 September 2023 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

From your previous topic:
Michel Cadot wrote on Wed, 16 August 2023 15:24

From your previous topic:

Michel Cadot wrote on Fri, 03 March 2023 17:49

With any SQL or PL/SQL question, please, post a working Test case: create table (including all constraints) and insert statements [...].

Also always post your Oracle version, with 4 decimals (query v$version), as often solution depends on it.

And don't forget mathguy's comment to which you replied "I agree with your criticism of my post.  My sincere apologies."

Basically the answer is count(*) from calendar table where civil_util=0 and ref_date between Cliente creation date and same thing + number of days - 1.

Re: Count non workink days between two dates, from calendar table [message #689126 is a reply to message #689125] Wed, 27 September 2023 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Solomon Yakobson
It seems, based on syntax you posted(column names in square brackets) and date_add funtion you are on SQL Server. This is Oracle forum.

SY.

[Updated on: Wed, 27 September 2023 13:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Count non workink days between two dates, from calendar table [message #689137 is a reply to message #689126] Thu, 28 September 2023 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nicha
Hi Solomon.
I'm working with impala version 2.12.0-cdh5.16.2.

Re: Count non workink days between two dates, from calendar table [message #689139 is a reply to message #689137] Thu, 28 September 2023 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Solomon Yakobson
Then post your question on hadoop forums. If it would be Oracle:

SELECT  T.CREATED_DATE,
        SUM(C.CIVIL_UTIL) WORK_DAYS,
        T.NUM_DAYS + 1 - SUM(C.CIVIL_UTIL) NONWORK_DAYS
  FROM  TABLE_CALENDAR C,
        TABLE1 T
  WHERE C.REF_DATE BETWEEN T.CREATED_DATE AND T.CREATED_DATE + T.NUM_DAYS
  GROUP BY T.ROWID,
           T.CREATED_DATE,
           T.NUM_DAYS
/

I used ROWID since you didn't provide TABLE1 structure. Based on your post it is customer table. If it has unique customer_id:

SELECT  T.CUSTOMER_ID,
        T.CREATED_DATE,
        SUM(C.CIVIL_UTIL) WORK_DAYS,
        T.NUM_DAYS + 1 - SUM(C.CIVIL_UTIL) NONWORK_DAYS
  FROM  TABLE_CALENDAR C,
        TABLE1 T
  WHERE C.REF_DATE BETWEEN T.CREATED_DATE AND T.CREATED_DATE + T.NUM_DAYS
  GROUP BY T.CUSTOMER_ID,
           T.CREATED_DATE,
           T.NUM_DAYS
/

SY.

[Updated on: Thu, 28 September 2023 04:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Count non workink days between two dates, from calendar table [message #689140 is a reply to message #689139] Thu, 28 September 2023 05:23 Go to previous message
Nicha
Great Oracle solution Solomon.

My best regards.
Previous Topic: Deleting referenced tables based on child table criteria
Next Topic: Inserted JSON into Column is being Truncated
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 15:10:35 CDT 2024