Home » Other » Client Tools » Views not visible in the object browser (PL/SQL Developer) although accessible with a query (PLSQL Developer 12)
Views not visible in the object browser (PL/SQL Developer) although accessible with a query [message #679046] Thu, 30 January 2020 10:12 Go to next message
nicolasparis2019@yahoo.fr
Dear all,
I have a question, as a simple user of SQL queries in the tool PL/SQL Developer.
On the left side of PL/SQL Developer, there is an object browser where I can see notably all the views and tables I can access. To be on the safe side I remain on all_users and all_objects. Now, a strange thing happens. For one database, I have normal results to the objects allowed to see. For another database, I don’t see in this browser the tables and views which I however can access to with a simple select * query. Maybe this is a configuration issue, but then I don’t understand why I can do that in the first database.
Thanks a lot in advance for any tip on that !
Re: Views not visible in the object browser (PL/SQL Developer) although accessible with a query [message #679049 is a reply to message #679046] Thu, 30 January 2020 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicolasparis2019@yahoo.fr
Update : problem finally solved by just waiting a little bit, objects finally appeared. The profile had been granted recently, so maybe a few things were still in cash memory and it was necessary to just wait.
Re: Views not visible in the object browser (PL/SQL Developer) although accessible with a query [message #679051 is a reply to message #679049] Thu, 30 January 2020 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Thanks for the feedback.

Re: Views not visible in the object browser (PL/SQL Developer) although accessible with a query [message #679067 is a reply to message #679051] Fri, 31 January 2020 02:55 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
Have you tried querying user_tables/views/objects on the slow DB?
It might be somethings messed with the performance of some of the dictionary views.
Previous Topic: help with installation of Oracle client
Next Topic: From Unix to Linux (Client Version)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:57:00 CDT 2024