Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » ORA-29532 when creating a new database using DBCA
ORA-29532 when creating a new database using DBCA [message #57276] Mon, 02 June 2003 06:05 Go to next message
Jeffrey Arne Yap
I get this error when I try to create a new database using the DBCA it says java.net.BindException: and states a problem with port <0.0.0.0.2481>... what should i do? At first I thought it might be a problem with a previous installation but after I reformatted my computer and tried it again it didn't work. I'm using a P4 1.7 GHZ running Windows 2000 server with SP3. Internet Explorer 6 SP1 is installed and nothing else. The installation for Oracle 9i software went ok but I could not create the database. Please help!
Re: ORA-29532 when creating a new database using DBCA [message #57278 is a reply to message #57276] Mon, 02 June 2003 06:30 Go to previous message
Jeffrey Arne Yap
I was able to solve the problem just now! I don't know if this solution will work for others who get the same message... but here's what I did:

using lsnrctl, i made sure that the listener service was STARTED (not stopped, as said by somebody in Oracle support). Making sure that it starts without a Windows 64-bit or 32-bit error, I attempted running the DBCA again and voila! It went right throught the configuration process! I figured that if a program couldn't bind to a port, it's because nothing was waiting for it to bind... so the listener's activation actually accepted the call to bind to the port.
Previous Topic: Problems whith tuning of Library Waits
Next Topic: system/manager as sysdba
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:42:44 CDT 2024