Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Executing Host Commands via Java Stored Procedure in a DB job throws up defunct proceses
Executing Host Commands via Java Stored Procedure in a DB job throws up defunct proceses [message #56311] Tue, 18 March 2003 10:03
Lennard
Hi there,

I'm trying to run a script file which would in turn execute some java classes. This script file is to be called via a Java Stored Procedure (JSP), to be run every minute using a database job.

I'm able to get the JSP to run, but I get a defunct process each time the job is run. From my understanding, defunct processes occur when the child process has finished running, its status is not known to the parent process. Defunct processes do not consume system resources except for an entry in the process table (please correct me if i'm wrong abt this).

There seem to be no way to remove the defunct processes generated unless I remove my job and unload my Java Stored Procedure class. I would like to know if there is a proper way to run such jobs without having to generate any defunct processes. Is there anyway, from the context of a database job, to know a running job's status ?

I also understand that I would also be able to run the java classes directly from the DB. The main reason for using the approach which i have described above is because the DB uses a JRE of 1.3.1 while the java classes to be run uses a JRE of 1.1.8 because the java classes are making use of the OEM SDK, which I believe uses JRE 1.1.8. If I can run the java classes directly from the database then that would be fantastic, but I'm not sure if 2 JRE can co-exists.

Would appreciate some help on this.. Thank you !

Regards,

Lennard
Previous Topic: ORA-60
Next Topic: Oracle 9i PE and JBoss on Win2000
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:35:36 CDT 2024