Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Loopback test
Loopback test [message #55641] Thu, 06 February 2003 08:46 Go to next message
Ranjeetha k
1) Suppose you perform loopback test using sql* plus and you recieve the message "ERROR: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; login denied". Based on this error , would you say that the loopback test was successful? Explain

2) Same thing but you got an error satting "ERROr: ORA-12154: TNS: could not reslove service name.". Based on this is loopback test was successful? Explain
Re: Loopback test [message #55643 is a reply to message #55641] Thu, 06 February 2003 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
can you shed some light on "loopback test "?
what do you mean by this?
Re: Loopback test [message #55650 is a reply to message #55641] Thu, 06 February 2003 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ranjeetha k
Hi,

I didn't understand your reply. My question is

1) If we perform loopback test using sql* plus and you recieve the message error "Invalid username/password" logon denied. Based on this error, would say that loopback test was Successful? Explain

2) Again you are performing lopback test .This time you got a new error message stating that " TNS: could not resolve service name". Based on this error message can you say that loopback test was successful?Explain.

I would apprecaite if any body can help out here.

Thanks
ranjeetha
Re: Loopback test [message #55666 is a reply to message #55641] Fri, 07 February 2003 01:47 Go to previous message
sai sreenivas jeedigunta
hello,
Can u please explain the meaning of Loopback test .. ?
is it something like thru a procedure u connect to u r same login back.. ? If that is the case ..
then check the TNS Service name that u are giving... i mean incase if u r database is installed in some other machine.. then u must be having a NET Alias confifgured through which u can connect to the remote database.

sai
Previous Topic: OracleTNSListener error
Next Topic: About Listener Control command
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 22:52:58 CDT 2024