Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Oracle 9i Installation problem - No Jre !
Oracle 9i Installation problem - No Jre ! [message #55586] Sun, 02 February 2003 22:53 Go to next message
K k
The Oracle 9i installation CD doesn't perform an installation because of JRE problems.
My machine is a PIII 700 Mhz with 256 MB RAM. The OS is Windows 2000 professional with Service Pack 2. The OS is freshly installed and the only S/w that I installed is JDK 1.3
After launching the setup application, it given an error "JRE not found" in the path "c:Documents and settingsAdministratorLocal Settingstemporainstjre"
I have JDK 1.3 installed on this machine and it has the corresponding JRE Env 1.3 installed. I tried installing a seperate JRE Env 1.2.2 also , which is available from the Javasoft wesite. Still it gave the same error. It is looking for a file jrew.exe which is not present in the JRE/bin directory ! This file is present in the JRE directory on the installation CD. I tried placing that entire directory in the existing JRE path as well as the temp folder .....Orainstjre .
After replacing the same error doesn't come but the application fails to launch ! It does not give any messages, nor does it write to the application log in the event manager.
Has anyone faced a similar problem ?
Any tips/help is welcome..........
Re: Oracle 9i Installation problem - No Jre ! [message #55637 is a reply to message #55586] Thu, 06 February 2003 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trifon Anguelov
Check your environment variables: My Computer -> right click (Properties), -> Advanced -> Environment variables..

See if the old JAVA path is still there. Either remove it or move the path at first place. Then check with

c:>set

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Re: Oracle 9i Installation problem - No Jre ! [message #55662 is a reply to message #55586] Fri, 07 February 2003 00:49 Go to previous message
Uday
Hi there,

I am also facing the same problem.. There are couple of problems reported for oracle 9i installation on P4 machine to which the remedy is to change the path & chnage the oraparam.ini file to point to exact locations. Even this I have tried, but no success.

Any solution, suggetion on this is WEL COME!!

regds,
Uday
Previous Topic: x$ tables
Next Topic: systemstate
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 22:49:20 CDT 2024