Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » dB crash/restore problem
dB crash/restore problem [message #54265] Thu, 07 November 2002 12:04 Go to next message
Wes Neal
Let me preface this by saying I am very much not an Oracle expert. I am barely knowledgeable, but there is no one else to look at this.

Solaris 8
Oracle 8.1.6

We lost the disk that had the Oracle install on it, which was in the /apps directory. I moved the apps directory to another file system and restored the apps backup to it. It restores just fine. The problem is when starting Oracle up again.
It has a problem with system01.dbf . I am sure the backup of this database file is corrupt because it was backed up open. It gives this message:

ORA-01113: file 1 needs media recovery
ORA-01110: data file 1: '/apps/oracle//oradata/OLDB/system01.dbf'

When I run sqlplus I can't even login because I get this message:

ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

Which I assume is because it can't start that system01.dbf database. So I can't do a media recovery?

Is there anything I can do to recover from this? I am sure all the databases in /apps/oracle/oradat/OLDB are corrupt. The application databases are on totally seperate filesystems which did not fail and should be fine. It seems to just be the inherent Oracle dBs with the problem.

Thanks for any help
Wes
Re: dB crash/restore problem [message #54273 is a reply to message #54265] Fri, 08 November 2002 01:29 Go to previous message
B
Hi !

Ur HD's crash .. crash all ur database.
So automatic recover don't work ... Is ur database in Archivelog mode ?

if YES :
Restore Archived redo log and start recover.
if NO :
Restore UR backup because Ur databases are dead.
Warning: Test all Ur databases because may be all aren't dead
Previous Topic: Help! Net8 connection testing ! Urgent
Next Topic: how to change database archieve mode or non archieve mode
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 16:54:09 CDT 2024