Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » control files again-URGENT
control files again-URGENT [message #54240] Wed, 06 November 2002 09:29 Go to next message
Juergen
Hi, a customer of mine was stolen all the hard disks (!!!?), but he has a backup. But the backup has no control files, no redo files and no archive log files. Bad scenario, i think.
They try to create the control files with the RESETLOGS option. The
ALTER DATABASE OPEN RESETLOGS
shows an error 01113 (file system01.dbf needs media recovery). So they try
RECOVER DATABASE USING BACKUP CONTROL FILE;
But it asks for an archive file arc00690.001 which doesn't exist (there is no archive file at all).

Is there any solution?
There is only one relevant user in the database. Is there any way to dump this data (recreate the whole database and import the user)?

Any hint is appreciated.
Juergen
Re: control files again-URGENT [message #54249 is a reply to message #54240] Wed, 06 November 2002 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tony
Well, if you have a good export (dump) of the database, you can recreate the whole database by creating a new one and then importing the dump.
Re: control files again-URGENT [message #54257 is a reply to message #54240] Thu, 07 November 2002 03:56 Go to previous message
B
No Ur database is dead. If u do HOT BACKUP u should always have ARCHIVELOG ... Who's the DBA ?
Did U have any other backup ?

if not only ORACLE can do something for U CALL SUPPORT
Previous Topic: Oracle 8i - newbie questions
Next Topic: Temp Segments in Non-Temp Tablespaces
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 16:50:51 CDT 2024