Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » setting log_archive_duplex_dest to a network path fails
setting log_archive_duplex_dest to a network path fails [message #53816] Sun, 13 October 2002 10:08 Go to next message
Tom
Hi, I want to duplicate my archive-logs to a network path on another server. (Oracle9i, Win2000).

When I backup to a network device pointing to a directory on the local machine (by setting the parameter log_archive_duplex_dest) it works but when I use a network device on another server oracle tells me that I get a permisson denied error (OS 5) from the operating system.
I have checked the permissions but it is set to full control for any - I have also tried to write to the network device from the commandline and it works.

Does anybody have a clue how to solve this problem?
Thanx
Re: setting log_archive_duplex_dest to a network path fails [message #53831 is a reply to message #53816] Mon, 14 October 2002 07:07 Go to previous message
shine_noor
Hello,

I think that you can't write archive log to a remote device (you have to use log_archive_dest_xx, if you are using EE, with service key word in order to send you archive log to a remote machine).

As I am sure (I think that I had read a thing like this), Can anyone confirm this

NOOR

http://www.islamway.com/eng/html/invitation.php
Previous Topic: Archivelog Mode
Next Topic: maxloghistory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 16:56:25 CDT 2024