Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Clearing archived log records form Oracle database
Clearing archived log records form Oracle database [message #53151] Thu, 29 August 2002 06:31 Go to next message
Suchi
Hi all,
I am testing some backups and restores.I have generated many archived log files and after that opened
that database using RESETLOGS.After opening with RESETLOGS when i query 'select * from v$archived_log'
it is giving some 340 archived log info. I want to clear that info .Is it possible?How to do it?
Please any one know how to do it?

Thanks in advance..
suchi
Re: Clearing archived log records form Oracle database [message #53163 is a reply to message #53151] Thu, 29 August 2002 15:48 Go to previous message
Trifon Anguelov
Are you thinking to delete records from data dictionary, or just trying to have fun??

Let Oracle RDBMS do that.

BTW, if you read rhe docs:

"V$ARCHIVED_LOG

This view displays archived log information from the control file including archive log names. An archive log record is inserted after the online redo log is successfully archived or cleared (name column is NULL if the log was cleared). If the log is archived twice, there will be two archived log records with the same THREAD#, SEQUENCE#, and FIRST_CHANGE#, but with a different name. An archive log record is also inserted when an archive log is restored from a backup set or a copy and whenever a copy of a log is made with the RMAN copy command. "

The view shows you redo logs archived and/or deleted by RMAN. The DELETED column will show you (with YES or NO) whether an RMAN DELETE command has physically deleted the archived log file from disk, as well as logically removing it from the control file of the target database and from the recovery catalog.

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Previous Topic: Problem with Retrieving CLOB
Next Topic: Disk Space usage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 11:54:15 CDT 2024