Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Trying to Export Database....
Trying to Export Database.... [message #53038] Mon, 26 August 2002 06:40 Go to next message
Nita
Greetings Oracle Guru's:

I'm getting the following when attempting to export
my database.

HELP!!!

EXP-00008: ORACLE error 4031 encountered

ORA-04031 unable to allocate string bytes of shared memory ("shared pool","oracle/aurora/rdbms/DbmsJavaSYS",joxlod: in ehe","ioc_allocate_pal")

EXP-00000: Export termainated unseccessfully

Cause: More shared memory is needed than was allocated in the shared pool.

Action: If the shared pool is out of memory, either use the DBMS_SHARED_POOL package to pin large packages, reduce your use of shared memory, or increase the amount of available shared memory by increasing the value of the initialization parameters SHARED_POOL_RESERVED_SIZE and SHARED_POOL_SIZE. If the large pool is out of memory, increase the initialization parameter LARGE_POOL_SIZE.

My init parameters are as follows:

Shared Pool is 715 MB and usage usually runs between 7-12% usage

Shared Pool Reserved size is 36MB

Large Pool is 10 MB

My database has been running smoothly with these parameters for over a year.

I have been able to successfully export before.
I am running Oracle8i on a W2K server.

Any help is appreciated.
Re: Trying to Export Database.... [message #53040 is a reply to message #53038] Mon, 26 August 2002 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SKS
Specifies whether you use direct path or conventional path Export. Specifying DIRECT=Y causes Export to extract data by reading the data directly,
bypassing the SQL Command Processing layer (evaluating buffer). This method can be much faster than a conventional path export.
Re: Trying to Export Database.... [message #53076 is a reply to message #53038] Tue, 27 August 2002 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant
Try making JAVA_POOL_SIZE at least 20M. Did u install JVM by chance?
Re: Trying to Export Database.... [message #53762 is a reply to message #53038] Wed, 09 October 2002 23:49 Go to previous message
CTH
Should change java_pool_size to a large size
Previous Topic: Re: Deleting a datafile
Next Topic: oracle error ora-00600
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 17:00:26 CDT 2024