Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » ORA-03114 error with client version of Oracle on laptop
ORA-03114 error with client version of Oracle on laptop [message #52827] Thu, 15 August 2002 12:06 Go to next message
TJ
For some reason I keep getting an ORA-03114 when running a software application. I have the client version of Oracle installed on my laptop and then I connect to the Oracle server. I currently use a cable modem to access the software. I do not know too much about Oracle. The helpdesk I called is not to helpful

My question is...Why do I keep getting disconnected from the Oracle server? Any suggestions are appreciated/
Re: ORA-03114 error with client version of Oracle on laptop [message #52832 is a reply to message #52827] Thu, 15 August 2002 16:03 Go to previous message
Trifon Anguelov
Two things to try:

1. Set DISABLE_OOB = ON in the server and client sqlnet.ora file.

2. Set CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER = 0 in the server listener.ora file. This parameter sets the number of seconds that the listener waits to get a valid SQL*Net V2 connection request (at to the port it redirected the client to) after a connection has been started (client has contacted the listener asking for a database connection). The listener drops the connection if the timeout is reached. Default is 10; if set to 0, it will wait forever

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Previous Topic: Re: Braindumps of ORACL8 & 8i Available
Next Topic: Problem starting OEM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 11:52:11 CDT 2024