Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Cannot logon to Oracle9i
Cannot logon to Oracle9i [message #51598] Sat, 01 June 2002 09:36 Go to next message
Kuldeep
I have installed Personal Oracle9i on my Windows 98, downloaded from otn.oracle.com. It installed correctly and I could open the SQL*Plus and work without any problems. But now, suddenly it is giving problems-
* I get a message box saying-
ORA-1031: Cannot logon to Oracle9i

* Clicking OK gives two error messages-
ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-27101: shared memory realm doest not exist

I have not made any changes to the files or deleted any files, in fact I had not touched Oracle9i for about two months. When I tried to open O9i after two months, the above problems were encountered.

Is there a period after which the downloaded product will not be available? If so, what should I do to correct this problem and use Personal Oracle9i?

PS: I also have Oracle8 in a different partition in the same system. Its still working fine.
Re: Cannot logon to Oracle9i [message #51606 is a reply to message #51598] Sun, 02 June 2002 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LAKSHMI NARAYANA
u cant have multiple oracle homes on the same system with diff versions on windows platform.
second , shared memory means set the oracle_sid in environment variable to the sid of ur 9i database.
and reboot.
try this
shared memory realm is nothin but sga.
Re: Cannot logon to Oracle9i [message #51608 is a reply to message #51598] Sun, 02 June 2002 09:29 Go to previous message
Kuldeep
Thanks. But Oracle 9i was working when I first installed it in partition E:/. And Oracle 8 was also present in partition C:/ ,that is Oracle8 and Oracle9i did not prevent each other from normal functioning. But now, Oracle9i is giving the said problems and not opening
Previous Topic: Re: VB-Oracle Connectivity
Next Topic: How many indexes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 18:12:31 CDT 2024