Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » TKPROF--urgent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TKPROF--urgent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [message #51570] Fri, 31 May 2002 03:48 Go to next message
LAKSHMI NARAYANA
I know how to analyze sqltrace files with tkprof but when i type tkprof syntax at the dos prompt or at the sql prompt iam getting errors.
pl tell if i need to run any scripts before using tkprof.
this is very urgent kindly respond me

thanks in advance.
jeevan
Re: TKPROF--urgent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [message #51572 is a reply to message #51570] Fri, 31 May 2002 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
hi,
what is the error?
i believe its mostly becuase of PATH setttings.
u need to execute tkprof from the OS prompt.
simplest way is to go to the trace directory,
execute the command. by default, tkprof.exe should be accessible anwhere from $ORACLE_HOME.

from the docs

Examples of TKPROF Statement

TKPROF Example 1
If you are processing a large trace file using a combination of SORT parameters and the PRINT parameter, then you can produce a TKPROF output file containing only the highest resource-intensive statements. For example, the following statement prints the 10 statements in the trace file that have generated the most physical I/O: 

TKPROF ora53269.trc ora53269.prf SORT = (PRSDSK, EXEDSK, FCHDSK) PRINT = 10

TKPROF Example 2
This example runs TKPROF, accepts a trace file named dlsun12_jane_fg_sqlplus_007.trc, and writes a formatted output file named outputa.prf: 

TKPROF dlsun12_jane_fg_sqlplus_007.trc OUTPUTA.PRF
EXPLAIN=scott/tiger@prod1  TABLE=scott.temp_plan_table_a INSERT=STOREA.SQL SYS=NO
SORT=(EXECPU,FCHCPU)

This example is likely to be longer than a single line on the screen, and 

Re: TKPROF--urgent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [message #51574 is a reply to message #51572] Fri, 31 May 2002 06:13 Go to previous message
LAKSHMI NARAYANA
thanks for the response sir. but tkprof.exe is not there in the oracle-home bin directory.
what could be the reason.
i tried it from the bin dir also to run tkprof.exe

pl do help me out.
regards and thanks a lot
jeevan
Previous Topic: Compatibiliy
Next Topic: query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 18:11:53 CDT 2024