Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Error INVALID Password file Urgent!!!
Error INVALID Password file Urgent!!! [message #50710] Wed, 03 April 2002 04:42 Go to next message
Hassan
Dear all,

Im getting following error while creating Database manually.I have default Database already running on NT.DB_name is ORCL.But while creating 2nd Database on same Server.DB_name TEST, after running Create Database command,I am getting INVALID Password file intpwdORCL Error.
I have created SID as TEST for 2nd Database.

How to overcome this problem.?

Thanks n advance
Hassan
Re: Error INVALID Password file Urgent!!! [message #50724 is a reply to message #50710] Wed, 03 April 2002 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ray
Hi,
Are you getting any kind of a ORA error msg like ORA 1004? Also, did you happen to identify that the passwords were in some way tied to the OS logins? Check to make sure that each instance listed in the ORACLE directory has a different IDx number and a path value that is correct. Just some ideas as have not seen this problem before.
Re: Error INVALID Password file Urgent!!! [message #50728 is a reply to message #50710] Wed, 03 April 2002 10:58 Go to previous message
Grant
Did you run oradim before creating the DB?

oradim -new -sid TEST -intpwd oracle ...
Previous Topic: about creation of an object table under 8i
Next Topic: oracle lisencing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 10:38:51 CDT 2024