Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » JSP vs. ColdFusion
JSP vs. ColdFusion [message #49979] Thu, 21 February 2002 08:40 Go to next message
Todd Margules
Hello Kassim,
Do you mind if I ask you what you feel are the main differences/advantages between JSP and ColdFusion?
Thank You,
Todd
Re: JSP vs. ColdFusion [message #49981 is a reply to message #49979] Thu, 21 February 2002 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kassim Kasmani
I feel that Cold Fusion is definately easier to learn than JSP. Though, I also think that JSP is more powerful than Cold Fusion and has many advantages over it. Here are some to consider:

Web Server: Any Web server, including Apache, Netscape, and IIS Platforms Microsoft Windows

OS: Most popular platforms, including the Solaris Operating Environment, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and other UNIX platform implementations

JSP technology uses the Java language for scripting, We all know Java is powerful.

On the other hand, Cold Fusion has its advantages as well like all products do. I am not too familiar with Cold Fusion. I know it uses HTML like tags. So you can get a hang of it quickly if you HTML. To use Cold Fusion, your webserver must have Cold Fusion Server.

Hope this helps.

Re: JSP vs. ColdFusion [message #51583 is a reply to message #49979] Fri, 31 May 2002 14:42 Go to previous message
Saif Iqbal
well i think both of these languages are quiet powerfull at their place, cold fusion has made the world easy for developers to develop small application as it has no restricted syntex and its easy as well, on other hand JSP is very strict in syntex but its much more powerfull then other server side languages and the main advantage of JSP is Bean technology which makes it superior. and my conclusion of u want to learn server side programming then go for JSP first then COLD Fusion. NO ASP....
Previous Topic: Improving Performance in Oracle9i
Next Topic: Partiton tables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 18:14:17 CDT 2024