Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Unable to read list of values...
Unable to read list of values... [message #488314] Thu, 06 January 2011 05:45 Go to next message
swapnil_naik

I read article about this error...but still i cant solv it..

so i send it my form...

I hope somebody will help me to solve my form problem...

Thanks in advance...
  • Attachment: MODULE7.fmb
    (Size: 48.00KB, Downloaded 1000 times)
Re: Unable to read list of values... [message #488315 is a reply to message #488314] Thu, 06 January 2011 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Never use select * (Ever, for any purpose in production code). That's just asking for problems. Change it to query the columns you want specifically.
Re: Unable to read list of values... [message #488316 is a reply to message #488315] Thu, 06 January 2011 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swapnil_naik

thanks you..

But sir, nw i change my lov query like this
select empno from emp;

But i want to populate below query result instead of above query result

populate_group_with_query('RG_EMPLOYEE','SELECT EMPNO,ENAME,SAL FROM FAS.EMP');

but my lov show result of tht query : select empno from emp;
Re: Unable to read list of values... [message #488317 is a reply to message #488316] Thu, 06 January 2011 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
The LOV has one column. You're trying to change it to a query with two columns. That's never going to work.
If you want to the change an LOV at runtime then you must keep the number and type of columns selected the same.
Re: Unable to read list of values... [message #488319 is a reply to message #488317] Thu, 06 January 2011 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swapnil_naik

Thanks you sir..
Now my concept become clear ...
but sir, i want to ask another one if i want to populate lov programmatically...then how to i create it.
But at same time i didnot create any lov on design time.

i write code like this

declare
rg_id RecordGroup;
errcode NUMBER;

begin
rg_id := create_group_from_query('RG_EMP','SELECT EMPNO,ENAME FROM EMP');

errcode := POPULATE_GROUP('rg_id');

end;

but my lov not pop up;;
my question is to pop up lov , should it necessary to create lov at design-time....or if not then how to create lov without using design time..
Re: Unable to read list of values... [message #488320 is a reply to message #488319] Thu, 06 January 2011 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Of course you need to create an LOV at design time. An LOV is not a record group.
LOV's have a graphical interface, they have column lists, they have return values set, prompts etc...
How do you expect to define all that with your sample code above?

And if you want to change the query at run time I'd create multiple record groups at desing time and just change the one the LOV is using programmatically.
Re: Unable to read list of values... [message #488322 is a reply to message #488320] Thu, 06 January 2011 06:38 Go to previous message
swapnil_naik

Thanks a lot..
Previous Topic: auto-complete combo box using webutil
Next Topic: search
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:15:26 CDT 2024