Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Login issue (11gR2)
Login issue [message #669736] Wed, 09 May 2018 13:11 Go to next message
johnnydanja
Hey all,

I've setup an 11g application that I migrated from 6i however when I first log into the app via the browser it errors out before I get to the login screen saying invalid user.
Clicking through the error brings up the login screen and I can log in without issue but this shouldn't be happening and I can't figure out whats triggering it to try to login when it first loads.
Re: Login issue [message #669755 is a reply to message #669736] Thu, 10 May 2018 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
johnnydanja wrote on Wed, 09 May 2018 14:11
Hey all,

I've setup an 11g application that I migrated from 6i however when I first log into the app via the browser it errors out before I get to the login screen saying invalid user.
Clicking through the error brings up the login screen and I can log in without issue but this shouldn't be happening and I can't figure out whats triggering it to try to login when it first loads.
"It" errors out? What errors out? What error? Show the exact message or put up a screen shot.

Maybe your application is trying to connect to a schema that doesn't exist or a TNS entry that is invalid and it works after you put the right one in, but I really have no ides what the circumstances are that you are running or seeing, as I do not see it.
Re: Login issue [message #669757 is a reply to message #669755] Thu, 10 May 2018 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnydanja
Apologies joy_division, the error that appears is the same as the one you would receive if you entered the wrong user:

ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied.

This pops up immediately on login before even displaying the login screen. It's never done this in any other setup i've done so I'm wondering why its trying to sign in before giving the user a chance.

Re: Login issue [message #669759 is a reply to message #669757] Thu, 10 May 2018 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
Sounds like what I mentioned.

The application probably passes a username, password and tns entry, and the 11g app server does not have a reference to that TNS entry. When you manually put it in, you connect. You may have to look in the code in the form, or in the frmweb.cfg file on the app server to see what might be happening.
Re: Login issue [message #669790 is a reply to message #669757] Fri, 11 May 2018 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnydanja
Just a follow up to this adding the full user name and password to the userid= variable in formsweb.cfg auto logs me into the app and doesn't error out. However, this isn't really the solution i'm looking for. I want the user to have to log in himself I just want the database to be pre-populated on login. In the other application we have the userid is just set to @(database tns entry) which allows it to prepopulate the login screen on load but it doesn't try to log the user in before hand. Has anyone encountered this? I'm sure its some setting i'm missing.
Re: Login issue [message #669814 is a reply to message #669736] Mon, 14 May 2018 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnydanja
I was able to figure this out. After lots of searching I found that the previous application that I setup had added some code in the form called after login to suppress the first login error attempt in the system(which will always be the automated login from the formsweb.cfg file) and will return to the login screen with the database populated.
Re: Login issue [message #669830 is a reply to message #669814] Tue, 15 May 2018 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
Good to hear Johnny. thanks for the update. Sounds along the lines of what I mentioned.
Re: Login issue [message #669831 is a reply to message #669830] Tue, 15 May 2018 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnydanja
Looks like i need to read your replies more carefully. I only read look in the formsweb.cfg in your last response and somehow didn't notice the look in the form portion of it which wouldve saved me some time. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Re: Login issue [message #671135 is a reply to message #669831] Thu, 16 August 2018 06:41 Go to previous message
faris_atbra
look at tnsnames.ora and look at formsweb.cfg at userid line if u but it there or look at form trigger onlogin or password change at database or user was remove from database
Previous Topic: can not get oracle weblogic sessions from enterprise
Next Topic: Composite Audit level change via script
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:01:19 CDT 2024